Chasing Inspiration

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Happy Birthday To...

Me!

Yup, today is my birthday. My 36th to be exact. And I'm okay with that. There's nothing wrong with turning a year older. In fact, there's something wonderful about knowing there's a new year ahead. A new adventure. A fresh start. A time for reflection and celebration.

I'm not one to make New Year's resolutions. Birthdays are more a time of reflection for me. I look at my goals and determine how far I am from reaching them, decide if those goals are still valid, and write up a new goal statement for the upcoming year. This year is my year to really push the writing. To take some chances. To let this excitement over the story really bubble up and spill over into other areas of my life.

It's also my year to put the pain of past rejections behind me and to start submitting again. I'm done with excuses this year. I'm not too busy, this manuscrip is not shitty, and I have come a long way from my first novel. That's not to say I'll sell anything this year. Writing is so subjective. But I can't reach my goal of being a multi-published author if I don't let my work leave the house.

So this year, I'm pushing my boundaries. And hopefully in more than just writing. But I'll start there. *grin*

2 comments:

  1. Hope you had a great birthday and have an even greater year!

    Love ya :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks sweetie. Yesterday was very low key because it was the middle of the week. We're celebrating this weekend with dinner and a show tomorrow and then friends over for snacks and board games Saturday. Which means I need to clean. Oh well. :)

    ReplyDelete