Chasing Inspiration

Monday, October 13, 2008

Monday, Monday

There are days I wish I was more organized, had more energy, was more creative, was more driven, etc. Days I wish I was, well, more.

Today isn't once of those days. Today I just want to go home and be a slug. Not because I'm not feeling well. Although the tummy is being weird today. Not because what I have to do at work is awful or draining or icky. No, I want to be at home, snuggled under a blanket with a mug of hot cocoa and either watching a movie or reading a book because it's raining today. And I always want to be snuggled in at home when it's raining.

I don't know why. I love rain. In the summer, I love walking outside in it, letting the coolness of the raindrops batter my warm, sticky skin. I adore thunderstorms. When the sky lights up with electricity and the earth rumbles, I get a huge grin on my face and sit back to enjoy the show.

But I like to do all this from the comfort of my home. I think it may have something to do with the fact that when it's raining during the day, the sky is grey and it feels like I should be somewhere else. Like in a coffee shop sipping a latte or on my couch with a good book and a steamy cup of tea. It's a day where the world should slow down and breathe. Work isn't fast paced today, but it's faster than the weather tells my my day should be.

Maybe I'll take a longer lunch, slow down with a good book and some tea and enjoy. Because when it rains, you don't have to be more of anything. You just need to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment