Chasing Inspiration

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Catch Me, I'm Falling

I was going to post about the second book I picked up over the holidays but I haven't made it past the first chapter. Not because it's not any good. On the contrary, it's a great book but  I want to focus on one thing at a time. That's a part of this mire I find myself navigating - I want to do float from good idea to good idea and I can't seem to find purchase enough to see one idea through. So I'm sticking with gratitude and generosity right now.

I want to practice gratitude. It was difficult today. We had yet more snow. I  developed a killer migraine. My car is still in the shop and the dealer we purchased it from is being a little smarmy. So today I'm digging in deep to find five things that in this moment I am very grateful for.
  1. I am grateful I have a warm home and can afford the heating bill that comes with living in the snow belt in the winter.
  2. The traffic was really light on the way home, which made it really easy to get home quickly after work.
  3. My husband took the dog for his evening walk, which is usually my job. He did it with grace and love which is such a gift.
  4. My husband is a wonderful man who out  of the blue will bring me chocolate or ice cream. Sometimes both.
  5. While it's still snowing outside, I am thankful about how magical fresh snow makes the winter landscape look.It's inspiring.

No comments:

Post a Comment