Chasing Inspiration

Saturday, August 02, 2014

Of Mountains and Oceans

 Gratitudes:
  1. That there are people out there who research and compile said research along with suggestions on how to apply said research, especially when it comes to health and nutrition - it cuts down on all the time I would need to spend trying to figure out my health issues on my own
  2. My husband who has been so very kind while I've been horribly busy with work these last months and feeling ill and icky on top of it all
  3. Coconut water, a magical elixir, especially when dehydrated and miserable due to a GI virus
A week ago we were in Canada visiting family and enjoying the raw and majestic landscape that is Vancouver Island. I cried a little when it was time to leave for there is nowhere else where I have felt so surrounded by the natural elements that quicken my soul. Mountainy craigs, raw and untamed. Violent and powerful bodies of water, battling and soothing an ever changing shore. It was bliss.

I knew the trip would be amazing after two things occurred: we saw both Mt. Rainer AND Mt. Baker from the plane as we landed at the SeaTac airport in Washington state; a pod of orcas decided to breach the surface and cavort alongside the ferry as we made a windy and choppy voyage from the Olympic Pennisuala to Victoria. Orcas. Breaching. If you know me you know I have a fondness for these great mammals and while I hate seeing them captive, watching them in the wild is nothing short of magical. 

For a week I drank in family, nature, and I felt connected in a way I haven't for some time. I'm taking all of this as a sign that some hard decisions will have positive and rewarding outcomes and that I'm ready a for a new phase in life to begin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment