Chasing Inspiration

Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Provocative Thought Wednesday

I'm going back to something I started several years ago here at Chasing Inspiration. I'm bringing back Provocative Thought Wednesday! And yes, I can see you rolling your eyes over there. Stop it!

I'm a big fan of Michael Bungay Stanier and his coaching methodology of Get Unstuck and Get Going...On the Stuff That Matters. I have found myself stuck a lot in the last months on various things with my life and had a duh moment when I looked at this little book on my desk I use with clients. I can use the same method with myself! I flipped through Get Unstuck, found a quotation with some thought provoking questions and let my brain noodle on how that quotation and those questions might apply to my issue at hand. It's not the full coaching I do with clients, but it was enough to get me out of my head and into an action plan.

So, on Wednesdays I'm going to offer a provocative thought and hope you, like me, will find it a valuable way to get outside of your head and look at things in your life a little differently.

To restart out this feature on Chasing Inspiration, I give you the following:
James Joyce's Ulysses is one of the most famous books in English literature. It's long, dense and difficult to read - and truly worth the effort. The last chapter, known as 'Penelope' is the the most famous. In it you hear for the first time the voice of Leopold Bloom's wife, Molly. And most famous of all is the last sentence, where she says yes 43 times. 
1. What are you saying Yes to? 
2. What do you want to say Yes to? 


Gratitudes:

  1. Iced tea. Mmmmm.
  2. Wild birds that rest in the trees in our yard and sing.
  3. People who know far more about technology than I and are willing to sit with me and explain how things work. You are priceless!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Naomi - thrilled you like Get Unstuck. Thanks for the post.

    michael

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to say "yes!" when the guy from the lotto office calls and asks if I'll be home so he can drop of a load of cash!

    I want to say "yes!" when someone asks, "are you the hot babe your husband is married to?"

    I wan to say "hell yes!" when my husband asks if I'd marry him all over again.

    ReplyDelete