Chasing Inspiration

Monday, January 21, 2008

And It Just Gets Better


Sometimes you shouldn't get out of bed. Or turn the computer on. In my case, it's turn the computer on. I've had my lovely Apple G5 for a couple of years and it's been one of the best computers I've ever owned. It's never crashed. Never shut down without warning. It behaved wonderfully for those two blissful years.

So imagine my surprise when I logged onto my computer yesterday and my dock was gone. For you Windows users, the dock is the shortcuts bar. And the finder windows didn't work properly. I couldn't drag and drop anything! I totally freaked! I hadn't backed up in a few months - okay six months. So I tried to back up files and such, which thankful I was able to accomplish. Then I made an appointment at my local Apple Store to have them figure out what was causing my computer to hate me so.

Long story short, they work miracles there! I'm all up and running again with a few minor things to update or change. Not too shabby. I still ::heart:: my Mac. But I never want to go through that again!

2 comments:

  1. Wandered to your blog from a comment on someone else's - very nice and I will be back to check you out again. I just had to replace my computer, after a heart-stopping day of praying I could get everything back up before it totally died. No fun at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to my little piece of cyber-space.

    Fortunately, the computer is fine. Or at least it's acting fine. It's backed up. And most of the things I had on it are still on it. Plus I got some great advice from the Apple guys.

    Which blog did you find me from, if you don't mind my asking? I'll have to check your blog out. *g*

    ReplyDelete