Chasing Inspiration

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Guess the First Line Quiz

I got this quiz from a friend on Live Journal and since my LJ friends can't guess the songs, I thought I would post this little quiz/meme here. Good luck!

Step 1: Put your music player on shuffle.

Step 2: Post the first line from the first 20 songs that play, no matter how embarrassing.

Step 3: Strike through the songs when someone guesses both artist and track correctly.

Step 4: Looking them up on Google or any other search engine is CHEATING!

Step 5: If you like the game post your own.

There are a couple in here that I'm not sure everyone will get, and there are a few that are from popular songs. Or at least popular artists. It's quite the sampling.

1. You see her, you can't touch her
2. I see a home in a quiet place, I see myself in a strong embrace
3. It's really over, you made your stand
4. Now Smackwater Jack he bought a shotgun
5. Are you ready maybe, are you willing to run
6. Pack up all those phantoms, shoulder that invisible load
7. If the night turned cold and the stars looked down
8. The bravest thing I've ever done was to run away and hide
9. The heart is a bloom, shoots up through the stony ground
10. Please come now I think I'm falling, I'm holding to all I think is safe
11. Stand at the window, pull back the lace
12. I think I've already lost you
13. You don't have to give me rings on my fingers
14. Business as usual, just what's on your mind
15. We'll be fighting in the streets
16. Since then I never fell helpless, recess, this mess if you do
17. I know you think that I shouldn't still love you
18. I see her as a little girl hiding in her room
19. Yeah baby, yeah I've been drinkin'
20. What a minute man, you mispronounced my name

4 comments:

  1. The only one I know off the top of my head is 9, which is Beautiful Day by U2. Other than that, I'm clueless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, I'm pretty clueless when it comes to first lines. Or song titles. Give me a chorus and I can tell you all the words and the group/artist.

    There are some songs in this list that you won't get unless you listen to that particular group. One you won't get unless you have a particular sound track (think Ever After). But no one on my LJ got U2. LOL. YAY Courtney!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cause heeeeeeee was in the mood for a little con-fron-ta-tion.

    *grin*

    Fun game! I will have to do this next time I have my iPod at work. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehee. I'll take that. Love me some good Carole King. Hehehe.

    Yeah, whatever you come up with, I know I won't guess without cheating, oh Queen of lyrics. *grin*

    ReplyDelete