Chasing Inspiration

Monday, February 11, 2008

Book Meme

I stole, I mean found this over on Jill Shalvis' blog and thought it looked like fun. So, being the sheep I am, I decided to try it.

The directions are:
1. Pick up the nearest book.
2. Open it at page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence/ phrase.
4. Blog the next four sentences/ phrases together with these instructions.
5. Don’t you dare dig your shelves for that very special or intellectual book.
6. Pass it forward to six friends

I'm not going to pass this on because, well, if you want to do it you will. *g*

The box of condoms Jill had also insisted upon were packed in her suitcase, and so she was half-hoping the airlines really would lose her luggage on that account.

She tried to focus her blurring vision on the back of the seat in front of her, a loose, dirty orange weave with flecks of unnatural blue. The plane lifted and dropped again, and she felt acid burn at the base of her throat.

"Are you doing that on purpose?" she shouted to the pilot, then bit her tongue when every other person on the plane turned to look at her.


This was taken from Susan Kay Law's book, Just Sex. Which was a wonderful, wonderful story. I can't wait for her next contemporary women's fiction novel.

Okay. Your turn!

2 comments:

  1. Ah...the book I picked had very adult content on page 123.

    Thanks for commenting on my blog! Hardly anybody ever does, so I love it when people do. I try to post on blogs, but I don't always remember. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There were lots of books in our house that probably would have been more interesting, but I took your tag here: http://farmerinthe-dell.blogspot.com/2008/02/book-meme.html

    ReplyDelete