Chasing Inspiration

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Dr. Horrible!

I'm not usually all fangirl. Okay, I am but not usually on this blog. It's time to change that, at least temporarily.

I lurv Joss Whedon. I think he's a genius with his storytelling and character development and world building. Buffy, Angel, Firefly - come on people! These are some of the best shows that ever hit television. Especially Firefly, in my opinion.

Well, during the writer's strike, Joss started working on a little independent project known to the world as Dr. Horrible's Sing-A-Long Blog. Joss strong armed Neil Patrick Harris and Nathan Fillion to play the key male roles in this little love triangle. Felicia Day plays the object of their desires. But wait...there's more.

These two men are super hero and super villain. How cool is that? And they sing! Seriously kids, they can all sing. I wasn't too sure Nathan could pull it off, having never heard his voice before, but I'm a believer now. Oh and he struts around in all his arrogant goodness. It's a sight to be hold. But as nuts as I am about Nathan, it's Neil Patrick Harris who tugs my heart strings. *sigh*

Yeah, you totally have to watch this. The first act is up now on http://drhorrible.com/. Act two airs on the 17th and act three on the 19th. They all come down on/after the 20th but are also on iTunes and there will be a DVD release with extras coming soon to somewhere near you.

I have to admit, I already bought the iTunes season pass and I will be buying the DVD. Joss, you had me at evil laugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment