Chasing Inspiration

Friday, July 18, 2008

iTunes fun!

I've done this before and I'll do it again. It's just that much fun!

Stick your iTunes, iPod or other music device on shuffle and for the first 15 songs, post the first line of the lyrics on your blog so your blog friends can guess what you listen to. No skipping through songs just to look cool. And yes, we all try to do it!

So, here are my 15 songs. Have fun trying to guess them. I know I had to listen closely for a few of them, and they are on my freaking iPod! How much music can one woman listen to? Apparently enough for over 12 days of listening.

1. Your smile lights up a room like a candle in the dark, and warms me through and through

2. I've been cheated by you since I don't know when

3. Peace is what they tell me, love am I unholy -- Torn by Creed. Guessed by Nicole H

4. I waited patiently for the Lord, He inclined and heard my cry.

5. For his age he is wise, he's got his mother's eyes. There's gladness in his heart, he's young and he's wild

6. You say you wanna live some, move out into the fast lane.

7. Welcome to the real world, she said to me condescendingly No Such Thing by John Mayer. Guessed by Gabby!

8. You can't imagine so many monkeys in the daily mail, and all of them coming anonymously so they leave no trail

9. Got your invitation to the dance, wear your party dress

10. The tar in the street starts to melt from the heat and the sweats runnin' down from my hair

11. This old world well don't it make you wanna think damn

12. The wind blows hard against this mountain side, across the sea into my soul

13. I want you to know that I'm happy for you, I wish nothing but the best for you both --You Oughta Know by Alanis Morissette guessed by Sue!

14. Why should I care? Why should I care? Girls of fifteen sexually knowing...

15. Mississippi in the middle of a dry spell, Jimmy Rogers on the Victrola up high

3 comments:

  1. 7 is John Mayer-- I can't remmeber the title... the chorus goes "I wanna run through th ehalls of my high school, I wanna scream at the top of my lungs, I just found out there's no such thing as the real world..."

    ReplyDelete
  2. You rock! It's a great song and even though you don't know the title, I'm giving this to you anyway. Cuz honestly, I don't know the titles to many songs. :)

    How are things going for you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:13 AM

    2. Abba - Mamma Mia

    15. Alannah Myles (sp?) - Black Velvet

    Correct?

    ReplyDelete