Chasing Inspiration

Friday, April 24, 2009

Soundtrack Friday

Sorry I missed last week. Sometimes life gets busy. And sometimes you just don't know what song represents the moment. That was me. I had no idea what song went with the story or went with my life. And this week, in the midst of systems training and trying to make a decision about a supervisory opportunity, I kept coming up blank. I had nothing to say. Nothing to write. No music in my head.

Until today.

I woke up this morning, and after showering and dressing, I was putting on my make-up and humming. The nonesensical tune morphed into Amy Grant's Takes A Little Time and I started singing the chorus when it hit me, sometimes life doesn't go the way we plan and it takes some time to course correct. Sometimes what we need to do we don't have the energy or the skills for. Or sometimes we just need time to get over the shock of the direction life pushed us. The song talks about that, but it also talks about being patient with ourselves. Life just takes time.

It takes a little time sometimes, to get your feet back on the ground
It takes a little time sometimes. to get the Titanic turned back around
It takes a little time sometimes, but baby you're not going down
It takes more than you've got right now
Give it, give it time

What's this walking through my door
I know I've seen the look before
Sometimes on faces in the street
And sometimes in the mirror looking back at me
You can't fix this pain with money
You can't rush a weary soul
You can't sweep it under the rug now honey
But it don't take a lot to know

[Chorus]

Well it may not be over by morning
But Rome wasn't built in a day
You can name that thing a thousand times
And It won't make it go away
Let me
put my arms around you
And hold you while you weep
We've been talking and you know
what, I'm sick of this talk
And it's nothing that won't keep

[Chorus]

To see a video and here this song that is really speaking to me this morning, you can go to You Tube - sadly, I can't embed the video here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zBCXD6UdL8

No comments:

Post a Comment