Chasing Inspiration

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Books Read in April

I'm quite late with April's books post. It was not an oversight, it was Blogger having a hissy fit. Fit is now over and I finally bring you the books I read in April. 


Daring to Dream and Holding the Dream by Nora Roberts - I am the proud new owner of a Nook, which is Barnes & Noble's eReader. Since I have the Nook I decided to buy some of my favorite books and NR's Dream Trilogy is one of my favorite trilogies. Sadly, B&N doesn't have the third book as part of their ebook collection so I'm still waiting to complete my collection. 


Moonshine by Rob Thurman -- book two in Rob's Cal Leandros urban fantasy series. I thought the book was richer then the first in the series. I'm looking forward to the third book to see how things turn out for Cal and Niko.

Latte Trouble by Cleo Coyle -- I seem to be reading a lot of series lately. Cleo Coyle writes the Coffeehouse mystery series set in NYC. Marjorie Liu recommended this author and series on her blog this past winter. It's an entertaining series with some solid character development. Thank goodness there are still quite a few books for me to read!

BoneMan's Daughters by Ted Dekker -- Ted Dekker used to write this amazing Christian fiction. He's now writing darker mainstream books. I picked up BoneMan's Daughters on a whim at the grocery store and I'm so glad I did. the story was dark, rich and emotionally moving. The twist at the end was nothing short of inspired. Ted has not lost his touch as an author. I'll be seeking out his more recent backlist this summer.

Slow Heat by Jill Shalvis -- Book two in Jill's baseball series. I have no idea if there are going to be more books in the series or not, but the first two had me laughing and sighing alternately. Jill knows how to write a great contemporary romance.

The Taking by Erin McCarthy -- Erin is known for her light and funny paranormal and contemporary romances. She has a darker side with her Seven Deadly Sins series. The Taking is the third book in this series and it focuses on demons and voodoo and lost love and second chances. I love the theme of redemption that sweeps through the entire series.

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment