Chasing Inspiration

Friday, November 06, 2009

Soundtrack Friday

Last night the husband and I went to our annual Vancouver Canucks vs MN Wild game. We've been going to one of these rivalry games a year for the last three years thanks to one of husband's co-workers (a shout out to Troy and the lovely Miss Elizabeth), and every time we go, my boys win. Very few people in the crowd of 18,000+ go wild when the Canucks score. There are some true blue Canucks fans in the arena who, like me, don a jersey and actually know the words to the Canadian national anthem and can shout out the names of the players at will. It's a great feeling to be one of a small number instead of one of a mob of thousands. The husband might not agree, and has threatened to not speak to me at games any more. We all know he's bluffing. *grin*

Today's Soundtrack Friday is for my boys. For playing well despite 4 key players on the injured list. For taking the disadvantage of being on the penalty side of a power play and turning it around to score. And for keeping the Wild at bay when you had so many of these power plays against you. We'll talk about the penalties at a later time, okay?

It used to be a tradition for Vancouver during home games to play Where The Streets Have No Name by U2 when the team entered the arena. I don't think they do this anymore. Have to mix it up, you know. But whenever I hear this song, I think of my team. My boys.

This one is for you, the amazing men of the Vancouver Canucks. Thanks for making a hometown girl proud last night!



Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment