Chasing Inspiration

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

The Weather Outside is Frightful

And I don't have a fire to warm up with so the weather inside is merely better than the cold wind and snow that is outside. If you haven't guessed, it's freezing here! Which is normal for winter. Except the past winters have been anything but normal so I've been lulled into believing that winter doesn't dip below zero and the winds don't blow you into the next county.

The job search continues. I have some leads and an almost dream job that I'm applying for. Almost because it's not really my dream job but has elements of that job and wouldn't be so taxing that I have no energy to write and coach once the work day is finished. Please pray/send good thoughts regarding this position. I just feel...right about it.

On the writing front, I'm doing a lot of brainstorming right now. I've started back at the beginning of the materials in Holly Lisle's How To Think Sideways: Career Survival for Writers course and that has really helped. I powered through many lessons this summer and then after the layoff just stopped looking at it. I have all the lessons (22 weeks worth) so decided to start over. Best decision I have made regarding my writing. I feel organized, I feel confident and I feel like I have someone who's been there, done that looking over my shoulder whispering words of advise and encouragement. I love this course! LOL. If you haven't checked it out, please do.

The home office is starting to feel complete. Nothing like being forced to spend time in four walls to make a girl want to organize. I still want more bookshelves and may convince The Man to help me organize the shelves that are attached to the wall to give me more space. He's much more spatially oriented than I am. Me, I just pile stuff on. He actually maximizes the space. Good thing I'm married to him.

Okay, it's back to work for me. Yes, work. Job hunting is a lot of work and I must find a job so I must work. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment