Chasing Inspiration

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

December Reads

Night Lost, Evermore and Twilight Fall by Lynn Viehl -- the Darkyn series continues through these books with more intrigue and the series long plot lines getting ready to tie up in the final book that comes out in 2009. Well done. Very well done!

P.S. I Love You by Cecelia Ahern -- I haven't seen the movie and I'm not sure I loved this book but it was a great freshman effort and I'll read more of CA's work.

Slave to Sensation by Nalini Singh -- This was a reread and is the first book in Nalini's Psy/Changling series. It was great to revisit because I remember why I loved it all over again.

Casting Spells by Barbara Bretton -- A nice escapist read.

What Angels Fear by C. S. Harris -- Sebastian St. Cyr. S'all I'm saying!

Heating Up The Holidays anthology with Jill Shalvis as contributing author-- Good holiday fun with hot and spicy firemen. Mmm, mmm.

Bound by Shadow by Anna Windsor -- The first book of her Dark Crescent Sisterhood series. I'll read the next books, for sure.

Darkly Dreaming Dexter by Jeff Lindsay -- The book that sparked the Showtime series.

Just the Sexiest Man Alive by Julie James -- Lawyers, Hollywood and sexual tension, oh my!

2 comments:

  1. I really liked P.S. I Love You. I did find that Holly totally pissed me off. I thought the ending was really bittersweet. I did feel like the movie took a lot of liberties. Holly was a little more likeable, but I thought it missed a bit of the emotion in the book (any emotion for that matter). Still, scenery was beautiful and that made it worth it as a rental.

    I actually watched Dexter before reading the book. I thought the show actually executed the plot better. I hear only the series only followed the first book before splitting from the series. I'll stick with the show, but I'm not rushing to finish the book series (though I'm curious).

    My book blog is coming, but it's only a sad, sad 2 books this month, but that's still double last month! It was an all Nora month. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked a lot of aspects of P.S. I Love You. But Holly did piss me off and that's why the book isn't a keeper for me. Still, it was a solid read and I'm glad I was able to enjoy it. I haven't seen the movie yet. It's not high on my list of movies to rent/see at the moment. :)

    I am really interested in the Dexter series more than finishing the book series. Still, I'm curious as the fourth book is apparently Dexter's honeymoon and I would like to see how the character develops.

    2 books are better than no books at all. And right now I'm unemployed so I have a lot more time to read than you do. :)

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete