Chasing Inspiration

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

A Little Rock Goes A Long Way

I'm not a huge TV fan. Well, I have my shows, but I don't die if I miss them. Except Bones. And now Castle. Hee! But back in the day when the husband and I were first married, we used to watch WWF wrestling and mock the male soap operaness of it all. The drama, OMG, the drama! My favorite wrestler was The Rock. And when Dwayne Johnson transitioned from smelling what he was cooking to acting, I went along for the ride. His movies weren't stellar, but they were amusing and he did a fairly good job of transforming himself from The Rock to Dwayne Johnson, actor. I'm actually looking forward to his contribution to Disney's Witch Mountain franchise with Race to Witch Mountain.

I was so bummed when I missed SNL on Saturday. The Rock, I mean Dwayne Johnson, is always good for some amusing entertainment and I heard his Rock Obama skit was hold-onto-your-sides hilarious. I did catch the opening monologue thanks to a friend who emailed me the following. I about died! Mr. Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson is very secure in his masculinity and himself, and that is so refreshing. So I give you Dwayne Johnson with his third ever opening monologue for SNL...may there be many, many more. *grin*


No comments:

Post a Comment