Chasing Inspiration

Friday, May 01, 2009

Books Read In April

Fragile by Shiloh Walker -- A wonderful gritty and hopeful book about love and healing in the face of danger and trauma. And yes, Shiloh made me cry!

Unseen by Nancy Bush -- the second book about the cult, The Colony, that was started in Wicked Game by Nancy and her sister Lisa Jackson. Creepy and well written.

Midnight Bayou by Nora Roberts -- This was a reread of a Nora favorite. Bayous, New Orleans and haunted mansions - this book has it all!

High Noon by Nora Roberts -- a reread of Nora's 2007 single title release. I read it to get ready for the Lifetime TV channel movie version of the book. It was still a good read, but not as great as I remembered.

Tribute by Nora Roberts -- another reread. Um, yes, I like Nora Roberts. And I probably wouldn't have reread so many in a row if it weren't for her Lifetime TV movies. I'm glad I did reread Tribute. The book was better the second time around.

Surrender A Dream by Jill Barnett -- Jill's second book and one of my friend, April's favorites. This was my first read through and I really enjoyed the story and the setting.

Duke of Shadows by Meredith Duran -- A gritty historical that takes place in India during 1857 and then fast forward to England a few years after. The story isn't light and definitely not a costume drama. A great debut novel!

Archangel Project by C.S. Graham -- An interesting look at remote viewing as a government program. Rife with danger, conspiracy and political intrigue, this was a quick read and I'm curious about future books in this series.

Smooth Talking Stranger by Lisa Kleypas -- Another wonderful contemporary novel by Lisa. Her historicals are gripping and entertaining, but her contemporaries completely suck me in.

Witch's Grave by Shirley Damsgaard -- The 6th book in Shirley's Abby and Ophelia mystery series opens up some new directions for the series and in Ophelia's growth as a character.

No comments:

Post a Comment