Chasing Inspiration

Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Books Read in June

Happy Canada Day!

June was off with a bang! I quickly read a few entertaining books and then life got busy and suddenly all my plans to read my way through the pile of books decorating my bedside table were shoved out the window. I think this is the fewest number of books I've read in a month ever. And that's just sad. Still, they were all great books and I'm glad I spent time with each and every one.

True Love & Other Disasters by Rachel Gibson -- A fun romp and vintage Gibson

Silver Falls by Anne Stuart -- Not what I would term romantic suspense, but a good suspense with some romantic elements. Loved the villian's point of view.

Burning Alive by Shannon K. Butcher -- A great start to a new paranormal series by Ms. Butcher. Her husband had better watch out. Shannon may end up with a following as big as Jim's! LOL

Lover Avenged by J.R. Ward -- Rehvenge's story is not to be missed. I was a little turned off by the hardcover price, but it was well worth it! More romance, great turning points for the BDB and the introduction of some twisty plots.

The Family He Wanted by Karen Sandler -- A Silhouette Special Edition and like all category romances, a quite read. Not my complete cup of tea since the heroine was really young and I'm not, but a well written escape nonetheless.

A Weaver Wedding by Allison Leigh -- Another Sihouette Special Edition and a great little story filled with strong characters, twisty plots, and, of course, a wedding. Another fun escape for a Sunday afternoon.

Finger Lickin' Fifteen by Janet Evanovich -- Gimme more Ranger! While I wasn't completely satsified with the 14th installment of the Stephenie Plum saga, the 15th book delivered pure mayhem and Burg fun. Not to mention a ton of Ranger. I ::heart:: Ranger. *grin*

That's it for June. I told you it was a low reading month. I'm hoping July picks up since there are so many good releases coming out in July. So many books and so little time...







No comments:

Post a Comment