Chasing Inspiration

Friday, July 24, 2009

Soundtrack Friday

I was going over some of my Texas albums over the last week. I love this band, but hadn't really listened to them much in the past few years. So I'm glad that last week Texas was my featured soundtrack because it led me to an interenet search for all the Texas music videos I've missed because I'm one of those people who has never had cable TV. I know, I know, what have I been doing, living under a rock all these years? Well, no. We're just cheap, but that's a story for another day.

Anyway, I was perusing the official Texas YouTube site and watching all the videos I've missed over the years when I found a video for one of my all time favorite "don't you feel bad because you let me go and look how wonderful life turned out for me, you fool" songs. I listened to this type of song quite a bit in college and if this song had been written back then, I may have had a different perspective on moving on.

It's not angry which is rather unique for this type of song and I was curious how the video would play out. Imagine my surprised delight when the video was a fun romp with Alan Rickman. A tangoing Alan Rickman. He's not the sexiest man on the planet, but he's got style and you really have to give him props for his staying power.

This week's Soundtrack Friday is In Demand by the Scottish band Texas, with video featuring Alan Rickman. I hope you enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment