Chasing Inspiration

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Books, Glorious Books!

Books, books, surrounded by books…

I was perusing the blog of one of my favorite authors and read her post about a meme where you list the 10 books that are within arms reach—or scattered closest to you. My husband snorted when he read the post over my shoulder. Why? Because there probably isn't a room in my house that doesn't have 10 or some other astronomically large number of books piled or strewn about in some fashion. I mean, really. To quote Marjorie M. Liu, "a home isn’t complete without stacks and piles of [books] at every corner."

Amen, Marjorie, amen.

Currently, in the loft where I have been sitting with my leg elevated, watching a rerun of Supernatural and playing on the laptop, I have within reach:

  1. MINION by L. A. Banks
  2. COVERT PROCESSES AT WORK by Robert J. Marshak
  3. RT Book Club - a magazine
  4. THE POWER OF A PRAYING WIFE by Stormie Omartian
  5. KEEPSAKE by Tess Gerritsen
  6. THE FIRE KING by Marjorie M. Liu
  7. THE ACCELERATED LEARNING HANDBOOK
  8. THE POWER OF LESS by Leo Babauta
  9. PEOPLE OF THE BOOK by Geraldine Brooks
  10. ANGELS & DEMONS by Peter Kreeft

There are many more on an end table and on the bookshelves behind the sofa. I'm too lazy to reach further than I have to. A couple of the books are research for a book I'm writing. Some for professional development for the day job (which I do enjoy, lest anyone say otherwise), and others are books I have recently read, am reading or with to read/reread, purely for entertainment purposes.

What books or magazines are near you at the moment? And what about them strikes your fancy?

1 comment:

  1. Well, I'm at work so only The Dream Hunter is nearby. At home, if I was at my computer, if I'm only counting adult books and not Eric Carle, The House at Riverton is on the couch, and then everything else is behind that with Victoria Dahl's Start Me Up and One Week as Lovers on top as well as The Family Man by Elinor Lippman (I think). Near bed is Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone and Whose Child by Susan Gable.

    ReplyDelete