Chasing Inspiration

Friday, August 21, 2009

Soundtrack Friday


Felicia Day is my hero. She doesn't know that, mainly because I haven't gone all fangirl on her and stalked her online or at all the various Cons she attends.

I love her because she's inventive, positive, and she starred in Joss Whedon's Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog. If you don't know what that is, where have you been hiding for the last year or so? You're missing out on something innovative. But I digress.

Felicia Day is the brains and beauty behind the webseries The Guild, a hilarious tongue-in-cheek look at the world of Massively Multi Player Online games. MMOs for those in the know. I'm not in the know. I actually had to look that up. Think Zelda or Everquest but with an online subscription. Anyway, there is a lot of geekery that warms my heart in The Guild. Under my intellectual and savvy exterior beats the heart of a geek. And The Guild just makes me smile.

To warm up fans to season 3 of The Guild, the cast developed a music video based on a song written by two of the cast members and Whedon brother Jed. I believe his lovely wife also helped to write the music.

In just a few days Do You Wanna Date My Avatar has reached #1 for Amazon MP3 downloads and iTunes video downloads. The video on You Tube has over a millions hits. It's a cult sensation! And it also happens to be today's Soundtrack Friday's offering for you. So, if you haven't heard the song or seen the video, sit back and enjoy the cheeky and sexy geekery that is Felicia Day and the cast of The Guild and answer the perennial question, Do You Wanna Date My Avatar?

No comments:

Post a Comment