Chasing Inspiration

Friday, October 23, 2009

Soundtrack Friday

I am having the worst time finding a song for today. That shocked me. Usually it's easy to find a song to fit the mood, the story or the weather. Today I have nothing. This means I'm going to do something I've never done before. I'm grabbing a random song off my iPod for your listening/viewing enjoyment.

Black Velvet by Canadian Artist Alannah Myles was a huge hit in the late 80s/early 90s. I remember rocking out to this song in college. I actually won a lip syncing contest with this song. Yeah, it was so easy to pretend to be cool when this song was on the radio. Fast forward to 2002 and I'm now married (for many years) and moved into a new home. To celebrate I go to a local store and buy a new portable stereo system, some candles and some food to go with the welcome basket our realtor gave us. As I was perusing the CD selection I found a copy of Alannah's debut CD, something I had never hoped to find here in the States, so I bought it, brought it home and hubby and I celebrated moving into our new home with dinner, candle light and Black Velvet on the stereo.

For your listening pleasure, and hopefully for some of you a trip down memory lane, I bring you the incomparable Alannah Myles and her international success Black Velvet!

Music Videos by VideoCure


Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment