Chasing Inspiration

Friday, June 26, 2009

Soundtrack Friday

Today's soundtrack is not going to reflect the deep losses the entertainment community has felt this week. While I do wish all those impacted by these sudden and heartfelt passings, I want to bring something lighter and a little silly to Soundtrack Friday today.

I've been having a stressful week. No one thing has been horrific. It's more the perfect storm of many little things coalescing into what has become the week that feels like it will never end. I'm tired and grumpy and my focus appears to have taken my positive attitude on vacation to Tahiti for a while. I hope they write. Or at least send a postcard. I do miss them.

When I woke up this morning, feeling fuzzy and in need of at least 10 more hours of sleep, I decided today would be different. I was not going to look at today out of grump colored glasses. I was not going to sigh and dejectedly look at my calendar and to-do list, wishing for nothing more than the day to be over so I could crawl back into bed. I was going to look up at the sun and smile. Laugh more. Look for beauty in my surroundings. In other words, I was going to think myself into a better day.

I'm not sure it's worked. I'm still tired and I have no focus. Tahiti must be great because I don't see my focus returning any time soon. However, I have been able to find humor in the little things instead of finding obstacles. So to continue with the apparent theme of my day, I bring you a silly song that always manages to bring a smile to my face and a wiggle in my waggle.


Enjoy today's soundtrack with Barenaked Ladies and If I Had A Million Dollars. And please, for all that is holy, don't buy that green dress. It's cruel! *grin*




No comments:

Post a Comment