Chasing Inspiration

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Supernatural Superstar



I don't have much time to watch TV, though I seem to make enough time to get sucked into some great, and some not so great shows. One show I keep missing because of time is Supernatural. One of my good friends started me on the show but it was always up against CSI and since CSI is one of the few shows my husband and I can agree on it seemed to win over Supernatural. So I got behind and missed out on some wonderful angsty demon hunter action.

Why not DVR or TIVO the show? We're one of the few people left on the planet who were still using a VCR to record TV. This ancient technology will only allow you to record one show at a time, and you can't watch a different channel while recording. Which made recording Supernatural challenging. Thankfully, we finally stepped into the 21st century and now have DVR ability.

I caught the last half of this past season and my friend loaned me her copies of seasons 1-3 on DVD. I've been in Winchester boy bliss for the last few weeks, going as far as playing parts of episodes on my work computer during my lunch break. I simply can't get enough of Sam and Dean!

This is actually helping my current WIP. You see, I didn't have a clear antagonist and have been tearing my hair out trying to figure out who or what was in direct opposition to my main character. Watching a few of the episodes in Season 1 & 2 inspired me to look at some of the other characters and their motivations to see if there is an antagonist in disguise among them. And I think I found one! Man, those Winchester boys are good! Not only can they save the world from evil, they can inspire my writing! And they aren't hard on the eyes, either. I can see a grand long-term partnership - me, Sam & Dean and my book. Does this mean I have to thank them in the credits?

No comments:

Post a Comment