Chasing Inspiration

Monday, June 01, 2009

Good Reads in May

This was published before I could update it this weekend. Sorry for being behind! It's been a slow month. I think I read more books but for the life of me I can't remember. So, this is my list for May. Here's hoping June is more productive.

Cesar's Way by Cesar Millan -- The Dog Whisperer's first book and an interesting look at how he developed his theories and practices around dog psychology.

Be The Pack Leader by Cesar Millan -- More a how to guide about understanding what your dog needs and how you, the dog owner, can meet those needs

One Hot Mess by Lois Greiman -- the fifth book in her Chrissy McMullen mystery series. While Chrissy and Ramierez don't exactly take their relationship to the next level, Chrissy does manage to get under his skin while investigating the death of an old friend for Ramierez's father.

Instant Attraction by Jill Shalvis -- I love Jill! Her books are sexy and emotional and always entertaining. I cannot wait to read the next two books in this series about the wild Wilder brothers!

Under Her Skin by Susan Mallory -- The first book in Susan's Lone Star sisters series and was a great set up. I can't wait to read the rest of the series...but sadly must wait because the books aren't all out yet.

The Nanny's Secret by Monica McLean -- Monica Pradhan, who writes wonderful stories about the clash of cultures and generations in her book The Hindi Bindi club. A sequel, I'm told, is in the works. Before Monica wrote more literary fiction, she wrote three wonderful romance novels for Silhouette's Intimate Moments line. The Nanny's Secret was the last book she wrote for Silhouette and it was definitely a taste of the talent this amazing author has to put her readers through the wringer.

No comments:

Post a Comment