Chasing Inspiration

Friday, September 04, 2009

Soundtrack Friday

Last Thursday my husband and I celebrated 15 years of marriage. We spent the weekend together in a rustic cabin on a lake a few hours from where we live. Far enough to be away from our regular lives but close enough we didn't have to use up precious time to get there. We slept in, played in the lake, cut firewood, took leisurely walks in the woods, napped, ate and relaxed.

I remember when I first met my husband. I was in my senior year of college and so ready to be done with dorm life and college and wanting to begin my "real" life. Impatient would be a good word to describe me. I was very impatient. My husband-to-be was late to college. He was a transfer student and entering his junior year. Most of us knew he was coming because the staff kept talking about this transfer student who was held up at the border (my school was in Canada. He is from the USA). About three days into classes, I was walking from the academic building to the cafeteria and this motorcycle came roaring past. Shivers ran up and down my spine and I knew it wasn't just because I had a motorcycle fetish. Something whispered in my ear that this one was special and would change my life forever.

My husband is special and he did change my life forever. Today's Soundtrack Friday is for him. One of his favorite bands is the Canadian rock band Rush. We bonded over stories of our Rush concert experiences and Roll The Bones had been their last hit album by the time we met. One of his favorite songs is Closer to the Heart and one of our favorite Rush experiences was watching Rush in Rio in the theater.

Because I love you, husband mine, I bring to the world Rush and their in-concert video of Closer to the Heart for today's Soundtrack Friday. I hope you smile when you watch it and yes, let's make the next 15 years even better than the first.


No comments:

Post a Comment