Chasing Inspiration

Friday, December 18, 2009

Soundtrack Friday

I heard this song on the radio this week and I was tickled by the chorus. You see, the song mentions one of my favorite bands from the 80s - Mr. Mister. Naturally I downloaded the song from iTunes, along with both soundtracks from Glee because I'm in the mood for music I can sing along with in car. The song makes me happy. So very happy.

It's a song about belonging, finding that soul connection so many people long for. It's a song with an up beat, quirky lyrics and a mandolin. And it's a song that Jason, the main male character in Mallory's story, said to me embodies how he feels about someone. Might be Mallory. Might not be. I'll eventually wrestle that out of him so I'm not worried there. But I did think Jason was more of a hard rock or alternative kind of guy. All this boppy music is starting to make me wonder what lurks beneath his calm exterior. I thought it was angst and self recriminations. Perhaps he has a refined sense of irony I have yet to tap into. We'll see.

In the meantime, today's soundtrack Friday comes to you from San Francisco's very own Train. Hey, Soul Sister is their latest single off their new album Save Me San Francisco. I dare you to not smile while listening.



Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment