Chasing Inspiration

Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Books Read in May

May was a productive reading month, both in quantity and in the number of books I read that I truly enjoyed.

Savor the Moment by Nora Roberts - Book 3 of Nora's Bride Quartet was nice. No huge external conflict, some interesting internal growth and a wonderful story of friendship. Sometimes that's what a girl needs to fill her reading hours.

Lois Lane Tells All by Karen Hawkins - A fun contemporary read that builds on Karen's Glory, North Carolina series. Quirky, funny, with strong characters and some interesting twists and turns and a satisfying happily ever after

Demonkeepers by Jessica Andersen -- This is book 4 in Jessica's 2010 Doomsday series. I really enjoyed Lucius and Jade's story and the twisty turns the plot is taking as the Nightkeepers race to save the world. I think to date, this is Jessica's best book.

The Secret of Everything by Barbara O'Neal -- I really enjoyed this story of second chances. Less a love story and more the journey of forgiveness and self-discovery, this book combined secrets, sins and the family in a unique way that left me not wanting to say good-bye. A definite must if you enjoy the journey a soul takes to find healing and purpose.

If Angels Burn by Lynn Viehl -- The first book of Lynn's Darkyn series. It was my first time rereading it, and that's mostly because I finally broke down and bought a copy. The series is great and I had enough questions in reading her Kyndred books I had to purchase her first series. If you haven't read this series, do. It's not your typical vampire tale. Not at all. In reading these books I can almost believe immortals exist due to a twist of fate and genetics.


Dreamveil by Lynn Viehl -- Book 2 of the Kyndred series, this book takes us deeper into the world of the Darkyn from the point of view of those souls who have been altered in some way to make them "different" and potential candidates for turning into the Darkyn. I really enjoyed the love story in this book along with the special appearance of Michael and Alex from the Darkyn series.

Instant Tempation by Jill Shalvis -- The last book, and for me the best book in Jill's Wilder Brothers trilogy. I loved the characters, the setting, the integrated mystery and the resolution of the series. That said, Jill, can we please have more of the Wilders? I don't care if they are all married and happy now. I want to see the boys in this next phase of life. Pretty please? I'll send you cookies!

Something About You by Julie James -- This was a fun read with some great characters and a plot that is both outrageous and believable. Julie is on a role and I can't wait to read what she comes up with next.

No comments:

Post a Comment