Chasing Inspiration

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Provocative Thought Wednesday

I wasted time, and now doth Time waste me; For now hath Time made me his numb'ring clock; my thoughts are minutes." ~ William Shakespeare, playwright
 I believe this quotation to be about procrastination. We all do things to waste time. Some of these things are good things but they take us aware from our most important tasks. Last night I thought I was wasting time. I could have been updating the cheque book or working through the budget so we can determine how to pay for the installation of our new wood floor. I could have been cleaning or making lists for our trip to Canada next week. I could even have been researching appliances for the new kitchen.

Instead I was sitting on the couch with my husband and my dog watching TV. I can't remember what we watched. I do remember the discussions my husband and I had. They were discussions we should have had a while ago and didn't for whatever reason. So, while I could have been doing all these other productive and necessary things, they would have been time wasters. Why? Because I would have been doing instead of being with my husband and sometimes being is more important than doing.

  • Where are you wasting time?
  • What's the most important thing to be working on? 
  • Are you putting doing ahead of being? 



No comments:

Post a Comment