Chasing Inspiration

Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Provacative Thought Wednesday - Why Worry?

I have a friend who is struggling with a few things right now - things within and things outside her locus of control.  I love my friend and I want to jump in and help her manage those things she can. I want to wrap my arms around her and help her to move through the things she can't. Since I am her friend, what I want to do is irrelevant. It's about her.

I remember a quotation I read in my Get Unstuck book about worry and I emailed it to my friend.
I'm not going to worry about the things I can't control, because if I can't control them there's no point in worrying about them; and I'm not going to worry about the things I can control, because if I can control them there's no point in worrying about them.   ~Mickey Rivers
Think about a situation in your life that challenges you and ask yourself the following questions:

  1. What can you control about the situation? 
  2. What can't you control about it? 
  3. How do you think you will move forward? 

Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

  1. That's a really good message. I tend to worry a lot and last night as I was trying to figure out where time had gone and wondering if I'd made enough moments in my daughter's life matter, I figured out how much time I lose by not being completely present. And why am I not completely present you might ask? Because I'm worrying. My mind is not in the here and now.

    I vowed to try very hard to not worry. Or, to walk by faith and not so much by sight.

    My favorite quote about worry is in the movie Van Wilder, "Worrying is like a rocking chair, you can do it, but it doesn't get you anywhere."

    Er... something to that effect. =)

    ReplyDelete