Chasing Inspiration

Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Provocative Thought Wednesday - That's Funny

The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds the new discoveries, is not "Eureka!" ( I have found it), but "That's funny...         ~Isaac Asimov 
I spend a lot of time trying to find the best way to do something - the best way to develop or improve a process at work. The best way to communicate something. The best way to write that scene. The best way to organize my books. The best way to spend time bonding with my husband.

Sometimes the best way crashes down on my like the roar of a symphony. Here I am, it says to me in flashing lights and neon arrows. Most of the time it's while I'm fumbling around with an idea or when I'm doing something mundane like the dishes that an idea strikes me like the quiet autumn breeze - a subtle barely there tickle of a whisper. It's something different. Odd. Funny. And focusing on that little tickle moves to a much better direction.

What feels a little odd to you?
What does that tell you?

Share/Bookmark


No comments:

Post a Comment