Chasing Inspiration

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Provocative Thought Wednesday - Necessarily Simple

“The ability to simplify means to eliminate the unnecessary so that the necessary may speak.”   ~Hans Hoffmann, artist

I’ve been thinking a lot about simplicity this week. I think a lot of us tend to make things more complex then they need to be. Or we focus our attention on the things that aren’t necessary. Did I really need to spend 2 hours last night making my home budget spreadsheet “pretty” or would my time have been better spent  something  that has a more immediate deadline, like researching wood flooring options since we’re planning to have the floor installed next month?

We all have choices in our day between what is necessary and what is unnecessary. There are two questions I ask myself to help keep me on track. I hope they work for you. Your answers may be surprising. 

  • What can you stop doing right now?
  • What’s non-negotiable? 


Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment