Chasing Inspiration

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I'm Tired

How did I manage to balance everything I have going on back when I worked full time before? I've only been out of work for 3 months and I started a job today. 32-40 hours/week. Today I worked 7 hours. And I feel as if I worked 7 days. But there's no rest for me. I need to finish the projected household budget for March, write at least a page in my current work-in-progress, do dishes, make lunch for tomorrow, put away laundry, and spend some quality time with the husband.

Man, I'm pooped just thinking about it! It really does make me wonder how I managed juggling all this before. And reminds me just how tired I was all the time before as well. Since I've been out of work, I've been alert and awake. The fibromyalgia hasn't been horrible and I've been enjoying the lower levels of fatigue and pain. I need to be consciously aware of my body's signals to avoid the pitfalls I ran into headlong before. Since this is a short term contract, I'm treating this like training for a full time job.

Consciousness. I guess that's a theme for this week. To be more conscious of my actions, reactions and choices. To be more intentional. Not that I haven't been, but with this drastic change in my schedule I could opt to let life happen and the chips can fall where they may. Or I can be intentional and aware. Conscious.

And on that note, my body is telling me it's very tired so I'm going to head to bed now before very tired becomes exhausted and I lose all this wonderful momentum. How's that for conscious and intentional? *grin*

2 comments:

  1. I'm used to the tired. I actually get less done with time and do more when I'm busy. I lose momentum easily and need to keep it up or nothing gets done. Of course, I don't do as much as you do. Rob does 3/4 of the cooking, all of the laundry and splits the tidying up, bedtime and bath (for Laura obviously). The tidying is new for him, but I think he can tell that I've been busy at work and the last thing I want to do is pick up toys while he watches me do it so he's been helping with that. Still, I always welcome sleep at the end of the day. You'll figure out a new balance and routine. In the meantime, it's a good self-study.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take care of yourself and listen to your body. I'm not sure what your book "The Power of Less" says, but I'm guessing it is saying more isn't necessarily better and that simple is the way to go.

    ReplyDelete